Skimlinks is seeking a talented marketing mind to focus on nurturing and growing our world-class publisher network across the complete customer lifecycle.
As Marketing Manager for Publishers you will be responsible for understanding what activities increase customer generation, building strategic plans to attract quality publishers and using marketing tactics such as email, online advertising, events and communications to add value through targeted campaigns, content, resources and other calls-to-action. Your goal is to turn interested, qualified leads into successful & loyal customers, helping grow overall company revenues.
You are genuinely passionate about furthering the digital publishing industry – understanding what makes it tick, the challenges, the opportunities – and want to make a huge impact in a growing company dedicated to helping publishers expand their business in new and innovative ways.
You have a burning desire to work in a constantly changing start-up environment, love experimenting with new technology, and can geek out with the best of ‘em about things like productivity software. Above all you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are personable and full of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Create the strategy for nurturing new and existing publishers through a mix of helpful content and other calls-to-action.
- Analyse and interpret campaign and channel success (including ROI), adapting new approaches to lead nurturing to optimise performance.
- Oversee all cross-channel communications, including strategic messaging, execution of campaigns, coordination of events and initiatives, and conference planning.
- Work closely with the Product Marketer to ensure our publishers understand and take advantage of the full range of products and services on offer.
- Create and implement new projects and creative ideas that help improve customer conversion rates.
- Maintain publisher-facing digital properties including the website, microsites and landing pages.
- Own the onboarding and engagement lifecycle for self-service publishers – ensuring they have a delightful brand experience and access to key information throughout their journey with us.
- Evangelise the brand across a diverse range of publishers – building on brand awareness and a great reputation to attract new customers and develop customer loyalty.
- Build the strategy and manage coordination of our multiple and simultaneous publisher-focused trade show sponsorships, speaking events, webinars and virtual events.
- Prepare and track budgets, expenses and campaign response rates to evaluate each campaign based on program objectives and industry norms.
- Stay on top of of industry trends and competitor activity to develop new effective communication techniques and promotional initiatives.
- Manage external agencies and internal teams to fulfil creative and print production processes in line with marketing and business goals.
- Manage the recruitment of interns and provide mentoring, support and guidance.
- Proven ability to translate business and marketing strategies into appropriate and effective marketing programs.
- Strong track record as an adept project manager: highly detail oriented and creative, with a proven track record of driving multiple projects from start to finish and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and defined targets.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills: You have a knack for distilling complex ideas into easily digestible themes targeted across several customer personas and are comfortable communicating with customers, industry influencers and the press via digital channels and in-person.
- Strong strategic, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively at all levels.
- Solid analytical skills, with ability to develop marketing content and reports that communicate program results.
- Experience using key online marketing tools, Marketo, Salesforce and Intercom.io a plus.
- Strong problem solving, analysis, prioritisation, tactical execution and planning skills.
Skimlinks is one of the most well-known startups in the UK, described by Techcrunch as one of London’s leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest. We have brilliant team of 90 employees and we are growing quickly! We are headquartered in London and have offices in San Francisco and NYC. We are a technology company developing applications and APIs to allow the online publishing community to monetize their content. We are considered leaders in this space and currently work with approx 40,000 publishers and over 18,000 e-commerce sites.