Rakuten Marketing provides e-commerce businesses with expert online marketing technology and services. Our display advertising, affiliate marketing and attribution solutions help brands and retailers to acquire new customers, drive budget efficiencies and grow their revenues.
2016 has been an exciting year for the Rakuten Display Advertising division, where we have rolled out a number of innovative new technologies and data targeting solutions. We are expecting to see the Display Advertising division grow significantly in 2017 when the new technologies have been fully integrated and delivered globally.
Rakuten Affiliate has been voted #1 Affiliate Marketing Network for the last 5 years. We’re one of the only affiliate marketing networks to facilitate long-term, profitable partnerships between advertisers and publishers. Our network is select and global. And premium technology is our promise—making tracking, payment and reporting effortless. The newly formed UK Marketing team, working closely with the Sales teams, will be integral to delivering on RM’s EU strategy.
We offer a great place to work, learn and grow professionally, as well as a very attractive salary and commission structure. We value continuous education and a culture of innovation, all within the framework of Rakuten Inc, one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies.
The VP, Sales and Marketing EU will be responsible for leading the Display and Affiliate Sales teams to ‘sell-in’ Rakuten Marketing solutions to target clients and put in place partnerships with enterprise level brands and agencies. They will work with the CRO and Display and Affiliate leadership to agree revenue targets, which they will be responsible for achieving. They will also work very closely with the EU Marketing team to ensure all activity is aligned.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop sales strategy in line with business objectives and Company policy; integrate strategy with activities in all other departments
- Communicate brand identity internally and externally to ensure all activity is focused and appropriate
- Develop business in new and existing target markets; identify and develop new revenue streams to increase profitability
- Analyse sales performance against market developments and business objectives; build revenue forecasts; assess business trends, issues affecting profitability; ensure relevant information goes to appropriate stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Client Services and Technology to align all activity
- Monitor competitor activities and developments; maintain awareness of market trends so that the Company can prepare and act accordingly
- Implement effective systems and processes; monitor and review to ensure continuous cycle of improvement and quality control
- Provide leadership to Sales team, motivate individuals to high performance
- Oversee Display, Affiliate and Attribution marketing activity to include:
*Strategy, product marketing plans, brand awareness
*Case studies, marketing collateral
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a complex Ad Tech environment and/or with brands with advanced investment in digital marketing
- Excellent industry knowledge, network and relationships
- Demonstrable success in developing successful sales strategies, analysing performance metrics and achieving targets of revenue growth and market share
- Outstanding negotiation, sales and presentation skills