In part one of this series, we will be taking a look at the vertical awards highlights, as well as the industry awards highlights.
The industry awards categories and their winners were:
- Best Customer Conversion Platform – Uniqodo for Travelodge: Discounts Drive Revenue Uplift
- Community Hero – NMPi by Incubeta: Your Friendly Community Hero
- Most Effective Agency – TiPi Group
- Best Team in Performance Marketing – Acceleration Partners: Client Services Team
- Best Performance Marketing Technology – Soreto: The Power of Referral
- Rising Star – Stephen Short – Awin
- Industry Choice of Publisher – Global Savings Group
- Publisher’s Choice of Network – Rakuten Advertising Affiliate Network
- Aimed at rewarding ambitious, exceptional talent, the Rising Star award looks to recognise drive, enthusiasm and industry knowledge. The 2020 Rising Star award was given to Stephen Short from Awin. At just 24 years old, Stephen was promoted to senior product manager – the youngest in Awin’s history. He has represented Awin at industry events and delivered keynotes to hundreds of stakeholders at both Awin and partner events across Europe.
- The Most Effective Agency award recognises thriving performance marketing arms, as well as operational success. 2020’s winner, TIPi grew their revenues by 40% over the previous year, and their client roster by 29%. The TIPi Group continued to maintain it’s great culture and innovation within the agency whilst doing so, resulting in them taking home the Most Effective Agency award. Judges said their agency model was brilliant, not only delivering success but also being built around education and leading the industry.
- Global Savings Group (GSG) took home the Industry Choice of Publisher award for 2020. Their world-class account management team and innovative mindset meant the publisher pushed above and beyond with a number of solutions to disrupt the voucher code space. For this award, industry peers commented on GSG’s great communication and speedy response time.
- For Best Performance Marketing Technology, judges look for tech that has helped supercharge a client’s performance marketing activity. Soreto took home the award in 2020, with judges commenting on its seamless integration.
The vertical awards categories and their winners were:
- Best Technology and Telecoms Campaign – The Groupon Reach Network and Awin for NOW TV: Winning the Iron Throne
- Best Travel, Leisure and Lifestyle Campaign – Media Lab Group for National Trust
- Best Fashion, Health and Beauty Campaign – The Groupon Reach Network and Awin for Dorothy Perkins: Perk up your Winter Wardrobe
- Best Finance Campaign – Impact for Revolut
- Best Retail and E-Commerce Campaign – The Groupon Reach Network and Awin for Dorothy Perkins: Perk up your Winter Wardrobe
- Awin picked up three awards in the vertical categories. Resulting in them winning the Best Technology and Telecoms Campaign award, they teamed up with The Groupon Reach Network and NOW TV to put together a campaign ensuring the hugely anticipated Game of Thrones (GoT) final season was a success. Judges commented on the well-rounded campaign, saying it exemplified cross-channel results and meant there was an uplift in sales.
- In a year during which travel and leisure industries were seriously threatened, MediaLab still managed to develop proprietary technology for the National Trust, resulting in a record-breaking year for customer acquisition and retention for the National Trust membership base. This won them the Best Travel, Leisure and Lifestyle Campaign award.
If you and your team want the chance to be included in the winner highlight series next year, we suggest downloading the 2021 Entry Kit for more insights and tips.