Happy Friday readers! Welcome to our new weekly PI Newsdesk Roundup — where every Friday, we collate a recap list of all the top news headlines here on PerformanceIN and from the world of affiliate, performance and digital advertising. So if you missed out on any coverage, we got you covered!
Recap on this week’s top headlines below.
- Following November’s announcement, PayPalhas finalised its acquisition of browser extension platform Honey for a record $4 billion as the company commences its next phase for 2020.
- Sir Martin Sorrell’s S4 Capital announced the merger of integrated digital agency Circus Marketing as it looks to expand its presence across eight new locations, including the Americas and Spain.
- Women’s lifestyle media company Meredith continues to advance its commerce strategy with the acquisition of affiliate marketing platform SwearBy, details confirmed at CES this week.
- Manchester-based integrated social media company, Social Chain, has significantly boosted its operations with five acquisitions set to add millions to its revenues.
- Over at CES, Spotify announced a new podcast advertising technology powered by what it calls Streaming Ad Insertion. The tech will allow podcasters and marketers to track and measure more data about advertising in their podcasts.
- US-based affiliate marketing platform Pepperjam has announced Measured as the latest addition to its integrated technology partnership ecosystem.
- The IAB UK has set out a series of actions designed to help companies engaged in RTB to understand and meet their data protection and privacy compliance obligations in practice.
- Lastly, Partnerize has raised a $50 million growth financing round to expand its business offering automated marketing partnership tools for clients.