DataIQ launched the 2016 DataIQ Big Data 100 on February 25 to celebrate business professionals who drive success from the intelligent use of data in the UK. DataIQ, which supports the data and analytics community through content, research and events, named Barclaycard managing director for strategic analytics, Payal Jain as the most powerful data professional in the UK.
UK information commissioner Christopher Graham and Paul Maltby, chief data officer for UK Government, hosted a champagne reception at Altitude in central London to announce the 100 most powerful professionals who are setting the data-driven business agenda. The top 10 individuals ranked as the most influential in shaping the UK data landscape today are:
- Payal Jain, managing director for strategic analytics at Barclaycard
- Calum Gordon, managing director for data analytics at The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Andy Day, business intelligence director at NewsUK
- Chris Ferguson, government digital services director at The Cabinet Office
- Julia Porter, director of consumer revenues at Guardian News and Media
- Christopher Graham, information commissioner at ICO
- Kjersten Moody, vice-president of information and analytics at Unilever
- James Morgan, director of MI at British Gas Energy
- Rob Kent, chief data officer at the Royal Mail
- Chris Combemale, group CEO at DMA
Following the explosion of both business and consumer data over the past few years, thanks to the rise of mobile, digital and social channels, DataIQ set out to celebrate the professionals making best use of this valuable information source.
The DataIQ Big Data 100 2016 – now in its third year – has been compiled using a set of objective criteria to recognise those with the greatest budgetary control, evidence of industry contribution, best practice in data privacy, a track record of creating valuable data assets, innovation in digital and mobile, or regulatory powers.
Adrian Gregory, DataIQ chief executive, said: “It gives me great pleasure to present this year’s DataIQ Big Data 100 which showcases the people who, with the explosion of data sources in recent years, know how to get to the data that counts – to move along that range of best practice data capture to intelligence and, ultimately, to profitable actions. These are the individuals who are making extraordinary strides in the field of data innovation. DataIQ created the definitive list of data power players – the people who have been honoured are the people we believe possess the most influence, profile, experience and knowledge to drive this vibrant industry further forward.”