Global online business Rakuten LinkShare has unveiled the top shopping categories, its mobile sales, and its double-digit growth across the recent key holiday periods.
For the major shopping dates of Thanksgiving (November 28), Black Friday (November 29) and Cyber Monday (December 2), the business reported ‘double-digit cyber week results’, boosted by ‘unprecedented’ gains in transactions on mobile devices.
On Thanksgiving Day smartphones represented 6.8 % of sales, which is 162% growth compared to the same period last year.
Year-over-year (YOY) Rakuten LinkShare’s mobile sales increased 85% during Thanksgiving, 64% on Black Friday, and 60% YOY during Cyber Monday.
Transactions conducted on tablets were also up on all three dates and the top grossing categories throughout each of the days included computers and electronics, apparel, and video games.
CEO of Rakuten LinkShare, Yaz Iida, said the company is committed to providing the most advanced technology and services to ensure success for retailers during the busy holiday season and throughout the year.
See below for more Rakuten stats (YOY) on the three key dates:
• Same store sales increased 48%
• Overall mobile sales increased 85%
• Smartphones represented 6.8 % of sales, which is 162% growth
• Transactions conducted on tablets were 12.8% of sales, representing a 60% growth
• Same store sales increased 44%
• Overall mobile sales increased 64%
• Smartphones represented 5.3% of sales, an increase of 121%.
• Tablet transactions represented 11.9% of sales, a 47% increase.
• Same store sales were up 41%
• Overall mobile sales increased 60%
• Smartphones represented 4.2% of sales, an increase of 110%
• Tablet transactions were 9.4% of sales, an increase of 46%