Happy Valentines Day! We’re back with our weekly news roundup and it’s sure been a busy one! From acquisitions and investigations to new appointments and rebrands. We’ve collated the top stories so you don’t miss a thing.
Spread the love and scroll down below for the latest headlines of the week:
- Rakuten Marketing has become Rakuten Advertising, a global powerhouse digital marketing platform that provides advertising technology and consumer insights to the world’s leading brands, publishers and agencies.
- The Federal Trade Commission is currently investigating all non-reportable acquisitions by Alphabet (including Google), Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Microsoft over the past decade
- Contextual advertising company GumGum has successfully closed a $22 million funding round. Furthermore, global marketing veteran and former CMO at Live Nation, Lisa Licht, has joined the company’s Board of Directors.
- Dentsu Aegis Network has acquired Media Storm to elevate Merkle’s multi-channel performance media services
- Following a year of rapid growth, including a multi-market expansion, global partnerships and bolstering its non-executive board, leading influencer marketing service, TAKUMI, announced the appointment of Mary Keane-Dawson as CEO.
- Global commerce content platform Skimlinks has extended its publisher portfolio in Asia-Pacific (APAC) with additions including Pedestrian Group, Yahoo! Australia and South China Morning Post
- Sideqik has announced its integration with SaaS platform Partnerize. The new partnership will enable brands to better quantify, grow, and optimise their influencer programs and understand the true ROI of those campaigns.