The IAB SEA+India has announced its 2019 Board representatives, with over 70% of the association’s 200 members voting in the first Regional Board elections.
With bold expansion plans, the Regional Board will work alongside regional CEO Miranda Dimopoulos to drive responsible digital work in a time where spend in digital is rapidly growing.
“Our business decisions are always Asia first and data led, ensuring we are elevating the industry impactfully,” said Dimopoulos; “Our expansion will focus on India, Indonesia and Thailand – the key growth markets identified by our members, with partnerships on the ground to deliver education, research and standards. Working alongside the board, chair and vice chair, we continually look to evolve and address the unique complexities across Asia effectively.”
The news of the Board follows the IAB Singapore’s expansion last year to form IAB SEA+India where publishers, agencies and platforms from Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and India markets can benefit from member exclusives in local markets across both Southeast Asia and India.
Former IAB Singapore chair Joe Nguyen and vice chair Laura Cooke continue in their uncontested roles for a second year running.
“Over the last four years, the membership has diversified from being a publisher-driven organisation to now representing the entire service side of the digital industry. With the region becoming ever more important globally, the IAB brings a consistent and considered shared voice to the markets we work within,” added Nguyen.
“2018 saw a large increase in brand marketer participation for both our education and networking events bridging the gap between the buy and sell side. This is confirmation that what we are curating through our committees and Board is effective. Our feedback scores increasing to 4.9/5 for value and effectiveness is another proof point that the IAB is giving great value back to the industry,” commented Cooke.
The full list of the 2019 Regional Board Members
- Regional CEO: Miranda Dimopoulos, regional chief executive officer (IAB SEA+India)
- Chair: Joe Nguyen, Senior VP, APAC (Comscore, Inc).
- Vice-chair: Laura Cooke (formerly Green-Wilkinson), APAC growth officer (Dentsu Aegis Network)
- Regan Baillie, chief business development and marketing officer, APAC (MediaCom)
- Phil Townend, APAC chief commercial officer, APAC (Unruly)
- Alex Sibois, director of agency and channel partnerships APAC (LinkedIn)
- Rose Huskey, chief executive officer, SEA (Wavemaker)
- Carl Nawagamuwa, head of platforms, SEA (Google)
- Matt Harty, senior VP, APAC (The Trade Desk)
- Rochelle Chhaya, chief operating officer, APAC (OMD)
- Michael Beecroft, chief investment officer, APAC (Mindshare)
- Justin Peyton, chief strategy and transformation officer (Digitas)
- Cindy Tan, global VP, Retail and APAC Display (TripAdvisor)
- Audrey Kuah, managing director, global data innovation centre and executive director, Media, Asia Pacific (Dentsu Aegis Network)
- David Goodfellow, partnerships lead, JAPAC (Oracle Data Cloud)