As the leader in customer journey optimisation (CJO), Yieldify is excited to share the results of the inaugural State of CJO report. Surveying over 200 e-commerce marketers in the US and UK, the report is one of the first to take a comprehensive look at how marketers in these two regions are optimising the online customer journey.
The survey’s purpose is threefold: understand where marketers are currently focusing their efforts, the challenges they face, and the investments they plan to make in 2019. While the survey came to a number of conclusions, key findings include:
- More than half of respondents are currently focusing more than 60% of their efforts on acquiring new customers rather than retaining existing ones.
- More than 70% of marketers believe they have a good understanding of the customer journey, but they are not so confident when it comes to optimising this journey across channels.
- Over 59% of marketers use customer feedback to optimise their customer journey. While more than 66% believe this is the easiest tactic to implement, nearly 35% marked artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning as the most difficult.
- Overall, 48% of marketers said they do not have enough time or resources to implement new strategies.
- For 2019, 53% of marketers will continue to leverage customer feedback, while personalisation platforms will increase in use, with 33% of marketers looking to implement these data-driven strategies.
CJO is an evolution of Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) that takes a holistic approach to the customer experience from awareness to purchase to advocacy. Marketers implementing CJO programs recognise that there are opportunities to fine-tune and personalise the experience for customers at every touchpoint, with seamless integration across channels.
“We’re excited to launch our first ‘State of CJO’ report. Our survey sheds light on the increasing focus on customer journey optimisation as a strategy, as well as the challenges marketers are facing with 2019 quickly approaching,” said Jay Radia, co-founder and CEO of Yieldify.
“Customers crave personalised experiences, and retailers with an eye to the future will recognise that there is value in optimising the customer journey across channels to meet these needs. As brands continue to look for ways to retain and attain new customers, CJO is a key asset in their toolkit. We hope this report will act as a guide for marketers as they plan their strategies for next year.”