The European collective of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has announced the elections of a new line up of members to its board of directors and Executive Committee (ExCo).
The industry association, the mission of which is to promote online advertising’s development and innovation within Europe with a focus on regulation and best practice, made the announcement in the wake of its 11th Interact conference in Amsterdam last week.
“We look forward to taking IAB Europe even further in our mission at pan-european level, with the support of prestigious senior digital advertising executives”, commented IAB Europe’s CEO, Townsend Feehan.
With the full list available to view below, new members include regional representatives from the likes of Facebook, Google, GroupM, Meetrics, and a number of full-time IAB representatives from markets including Ireland, Turkey, France and Romania.
The new board members chosen by the organisation are:
- Henk van Niekerk, Senior Vice President Publishers and Ad Networks, AOL
- Nigel Gilbert, Executive Vice President Strategic Development, AppNexus
- Tony Evans, Director of Marketing Science EMEA, Facebook
- Thierry Geerts, Country Director Belgium, Google
- John Wittesaele, President EMEA, GroupM
- Neil Bowman, President of Advertising Technology, BBC Advertising
- Axel Steinman, Vice President International Search Ad sales, Microsoft
- Rene Plug, Chief Strategy Officer, Improve Digital
- Philip von Hilgers, Managing Director, Meetrics
- Thomas Duhr, BVDW
- Valerie Chavanne, IAB France
- John Mew, IAB UK
- Allan Sorrensen, IAB Denmark
- Sebastiano Cappa, IAB Italy
- Wlodek Schmidt, IAB Poland
- Mahmut Kursun, IAB Turkey
- Constantine Kamaras, IAB Greece
- Suzanne McEligott, IAB Ireland
- Lucien Secereanu, IAB Romania
Taking over new responsibilities as part of the Executive Committee (ExCo) are the following directors:
- Constantine Kamaras (chair)
- Stuart Wilkinson (vice chair)
- Nigel Gilbert (treasurer)
- Thomas Duhr (ExCo member)
- Wlodek Schmidt (ExCo member)