We can hardly believe it, but it is that time of year again and entries are open for the Performance Marketing Awards 2015.
With this in mind, we’re sharing our nuggets of wisdom to aid entrants in creating an award-winning entry.
The awards, now in their ninth year, aim to recognise outstanding examples of performance marketing at the same time as supporting innovation within the industry. With the number of entries that we receive increasing year on year, the importance of producing a comprehensive and concise entry will be key to scooping a coveted Performance Marketing Award this coming April.
PI’s top tips for writing your entry
1. Think like a judge – Our judges will typically spend around three days sifting through all the submissions. Keep your application short, snappy and to the point and the judges are far more likely to pick up on your success.
2. Keep your Executive Summary to a maximum of two pages. Failure to do so could result in a penalty.
3. USP – what makes your entry unique and what makes you stand out?
4. Provide evidence – Include hard figures and not just percentage increases and clearly demonstrate how you achieved your success.
5. Testimonials from clients can add credibility but don’t forget to allow plenty of time for sign-off.
6. Our awards are about demonstrating excellence, innovation and best practice in performance marketing. Ensure your entry pays homage to our core values.
7. Finally, ensure your entry is converted to PDF to avoid styling issues.
The Seven Deadly Sins – common mistakes made when compiling an award entry
1. Lack of perceived effort, for example, layout and design issues.
2. Unchecked spelling and grammar.
3. Lack of ROI demonstrated.
4. Not referring results back to your objectives.
5. Not leaving enough time for client sign-off.
6. Entry does not qualify for eligibility period (Submissions should relate to activity within the UK* and the eligibility period of 1st January 2014 – 30th January 2015).
7. Not reading the entry criteria in full. Please make sure your submission is relevant to the award you want to win.
*The Global Excellence in Performance Marketing Award is they only award that can refer to activity outside of the UK.
The Nitty Gritty
Please note that entries which have been submitted for the 2014 Performance Marketing Awards cannot be submitted in 2015, unless it can be proved that substantial developments have taken place.
Multiple categories can be entered based on the same campaign, but each submission must be tailored for the award category that you are entering.
We require a maximum of two pages of supporting evidence, which must be relevant and add value to your entry. Previous examples of successful supporting evidence include campaign snapshots, testimonials, photos and videos.
Please be aware that failure to supply revenue figures or other elements that have been clearly requested in the entry criteria have previously resulted in being a deciding factor for winning and losing awards.
Any elements of your entry that are regarded as sensitive data should be clearly marked ‘Judges’ Eyes Only’ – this will ensure that it does not appear in the winner’s guide.
Remember: There are a number of templates that we have created that you can use for guidance. Although they are not mandatory, it’s worth taking a look to get an idea of what you should be using in your entry. You can view and download all templates here.
Full entry criteria can be found here.
Dates for your Calendar
18.11.14 Entries open
25.11.14 Nominations open for Industry Choice of Partner and Hotshot Rising Star Awards
30.01.15 Entry submissions close
06.02.15 Late entries close
15.02.15 Nominations close
03.03.15 Voting opens for Industry Choice of Partner and Hotshot Rising Star Awards
03.03.15 Shortlist unveiled
12.04.15 Voting closes
28.04.15 The Performance Marketing Awards Ceremony
If you have any questions regarding the entry criteria for the awards, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com or call the office on 0117 203 3010.
Finally, good luck to you all and we look forward to seeing you at the Grosvenor House Hotel on the April 28!