Starcom Mediavest Group are a thriving international media network who are part of the Publicis group of companies.
As a company we believe that the diversity of our people, and their great team commitment provide the basis for the brave, creative and challenging work which we produce for our clients every day.
We look for these values in the people we add to our team, as it helps us deliver our unique approach – Space for Ideas. If you work with us you’ll learn more about what we do and how our people and approach are a winning combination.
We’re based in the west end of London just off Tottenham Court Road.
SMG Performance is a department which specializes in direct response in all its myriad forms. You’ll be part of a fully integrated team which includes search (PPC/SEO), online direct response, affiliates, mobile, TV, Radio, Press, D2D, direct mail and analytics.
Performance is a group resource working across both Starcom and Mediavest client base to provide an integrated service with the brand teams. There are also Performance only clients which we service completely within the department.
The department is an area of massive growth within the agency. SMG Performance is a 100 strong team, each with different levels of experience and media expertise.
The team has a truly cosmopolitan feel, largely due to the mix of nationalities, which provides a good background of thinking from other markets.
The performance team work across a portfolio that includes travel, charity, utilities, finance and retail. Not only a diverse range of sectors, but also working on some of the largest and most dynamic clients within the agency. Established clients who sit in the team include More Th>n, Europcar, Honda, Pizza Hut, Flybe and Cineworld.
The SMG Affiliate team is entering into a period of huge growth with new business being won frequently and this role is required to support the team as they pick up these new accounts, migrate them seamlessly to SMG and ultimately own and run them successfully.
You will by the primary point of contact for one of our most valuable and prestigious finance brands. In this role you will have complete responsibility and focus on their brand and its objectives.
Specifically the role encompasses:
- Strategic management of the client's affiliate business and responsibility for all aspects of tactical implementation;
- Sole ownership of the affiliate programme, both in house network and longtail.
- Periodically working at the client’s office to develop a deep understanding or their processes, requirements and blockers to;
- Aid in the swift and efficient delivery of new affiliate on boarding objectives;
- Maintaining close relationships with top affiliates on the client's affiliate programme;
- Managing budgets in line with other online media channels to ensure the client is spending properly;
- Reporting on performance to the client on a regular basis with insights into the programme and highlighting any additional opportunities for growth;
- Results analysis of past campaign data to influence future campaigns or opportunities;
- Liaising and negotiating priority levels of exposure with best performing affiliates to maximise delivery and maintain client costs;
- Develop new opportunities by keeping in close contact with industry news, events, publishers and personalities;
- Budget and sales reconciliation support for the affiliate teams client base;
- Provide weekly insight into your accounts performance and highlight areas of growth or risk, both internally and externally
- Understanding and supporting affiliates with tracking issues, reporting problems or interface issues across a variety of affiliate network technologies;
- Compiling and presenting results to your clients.
- You will be part of a multichannel team which is solely focused on delivering results for the client. In this role you will be exposed to other digital disciplines. For this reason you will need an understanding of how different channels can influence one another.
Further although initially affiliate programme management will form the core of the role, there is significant scope to expand into other areas of online media. You will be liaising with search, social, SEO and display teams regularly as part of this role and our integrated online approach to clients.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person who is passionate about online and performance led marketing. Ideally they will have had experience working at a media agency, affiliate network or affiliate company running or supporting affiliate campaigns for at least 12 months. This role is ideal for someone with affiliate experience who is looking to expand their experience and work at a company that integrates affiliates successfully into the online marketing mix.
With ROI being central to all performance clients an individual with a strong analytical and inquisitive mind is required.
Working to deadlines and being effective under pressure is also key. They need strong admin skills and good attention to detail as well as being numerate and accurate. Ideally they should be proficient in the use of media booking and research systems such as DDS, and also Excel and Powerpoint.
They need strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with media owners. This is vital in any affiliate programme.
The ability to work strongly both within a team and on their own is essential, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are paramount. Good presentation skills are required for this role with previous experience of presenting in front of clients ideal but not essential.
We pride ourselves on our very strong client relationships and therefore the individual needs to have strong client servicing skills.
In addition to a highly competitive salary SMG have a wide range of additional benefits for our employees – a summary of which is below:
Most of these are available when you join or after your probation is completed. Occasionally some are made available after 1 years service – details available on request. New benefits are being added all the time and we keep our staff regularly updated and help them make optimum use of what’s on offer.
25 Days holiday
Pension – after probation
Season Ticket Loan
Permanent Health Insurance
Death in Service
Maternity & Paternity Packages
*Really worth having
5 days more holiday after 3 years
Careers Management and Planning Service
COSMOS (Social Club)
Subsidised staff café/bar
Sabbaticals after 5 & 10 years
Employee Assistance Helpline
Eye Care Vouchers
Your Birthday off
Monthly GP on site
Starsign Birthday Teas
Subsidised Beauty Treatments
Ride 2 Work
Free beer after 5.30pm!
Important - this role is offered on a contracted basis for an initial period of 3 months, however this will then become permanent for the right candidate