We are looking for a capable and experienced Affiliates Acquisition Manager to join our thriving and sociable affiliate marketing team, within our performance marketing department. This role has arisen due to recent new business wins and offers the chance to work on a range of high profile and globally known brands.
The SMG Acquisition team is entering into a period of huge growth with new business being won frequently including traditional CPA affiliates, but also lead generation campaigns and this role is required to support the team as they pick up these new accounts, migrate them seamlessly to SMG Performance Network, come up with strategy and ultimately grow the clients' acquisition business.
Specifically the role encompasses:
- To devise, lead and activate effective and targeted affiliate campaigns for your clients, ensuring business targets are met and objectives
- Developing and maintaining close relationships with top publishers
- Managing budgets in line with other online media channels to ensure the client is spending effectively to meet their strategic needs
- Reporting on performance to the client on a regular basis with appropriate insights and highlighting any additional opportunities for growth
- Compiling results analysis of past campaign data to influence future campaigns or opportunities
- Liaising and negotiating priority levels of exposure with best performing publishers to maximise delivery and maintain client costs;
- Develop new opportunities by keeping in close contact with industry news, events, publishers and personalities
- Budget and sales reconciliation support for the affiliate teams client base
- Provide weekly insight into your accounts performance and highlight areas of growth or risk, both internally and externally
- Understanding and supporting affiliates with tracking issues, reporting problems or interface issues across a variety of affiliate network technologies
- Compiling and presenting results to your clients
- Managing more junior members of the team, supporting them in their development and growth and assist them with their client responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
- This role requires prior experience within affiliate marketing, either from within a media or digital agency or from within an affiliate network, with an interest in moving in a media agency role
- You will be able to demonstrate prior experience of running or supporting affiliate campaigns to a Senior Affiliates Executive or equivalent, looking for the next step in your career and the chance to move to an Affiliates Manager
- You will be naturally inquisitive about all things online, as well as performance led marketing
- With ROI being central to all performance clients an individual with a strong analytical and inquisitive mind is required
- Working to deadlines and being effective under pressure is also key
- Demonstrable administration skills
- Strong numeracy skills and accurate when compiling and dealing with numerical data
- Ideally you will be proficient in the use of media booking and research systems such as Adazzle
- Strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with media owners
Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG) is a thriving global media network and part of Publicis Groupe, one of the world’s leading communications groups. We are globally connected with over 8,000 employees in 130 offices across 70 countries.
We are a Human Experience Company and our dream is to grow our clients’ business by transforming behaviour through uplifting, meaningful Human Experiences. We believe experiences matter, they enhance lives and build brands.
If you join us you’ll learn how our people and approach are a winning combination.
Recent new business wins include Samsung (Globally), ASICS (Globally), Brown Foreman (Globally), EasyProperty, P&O Ferries, Skyscanner. Our forward-thinking and creative work with our clients has been recognised by the wider industry with a range of accolades including Campaign Gold for our work on Bulmers, Cannes Gold Lion for our work on Honda and Drum Marketing Award for Samsung. We are the only agency network to have picked up the highest recognition at all of the major awards festivals having been awarded Network of the Year awards at Cannes, Festival of Media, Eurobest, Dubai, Warc, Effies and most recently Campaign named us Media Network of the Year.
SMG is also a Sunday Times 2014 Top 100 Best Companies to work for (ranking 87 in 2014). In addition to this SMG holds the IPA Platinum CIPD Award for outstanding Learning and Development, reflective of the fact of the fact that on the agency has achieved IPA Gold Accreditation for the last four years. We pride ourselves on having an industry leading Learning and Development programme where every single member of staff has access to a personal business development plan, with almost 100 training initiatives available.
We have also been recognised by Mumsnet as being a family friendly company, receiving Gold Accreditation for the last three years, for the support we provide for our parents and families. We are the only media agency to obtain this award.
You can learn more about us by checking out http://emergingspaces.co.uk/ and watching our culture film at http://smgtalent.co.uk/life-at-smg, also take a look at how SMG will support you in your career http://bit.ly/CareersPlanning2014 you may need to copy and paste these links into your browser.