PerformanceIN, a leading performance marketing news and events company with a global audience, is on the lookout for a hotshot new journalist to join its team in vibrant Bristol.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious marketing or technology journalist with an all-round streak for generating engaged traffic, whether via copy, video, social media, podcasts, or otherwise.
As such, the successful candidate will be given freedom to experiment with formats for success, while on a day-to-day basis, you’ll be reeling off industry news articles, proactively chasing feature ideas and commissioning high-quality content from our expert contributor network.
When it comes to reporting in the field, you’ll get a buzz from conducting live interviews at events throughout the year with senior stakeholders, and be able to report, live-blog and monitor social media from the thick of the industry’s regular conferences.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a digital journalism background and experience of writing, multimedia, sub-editing and sourcing content, building contact lists and some event reporting to look back on. Some experience in copywriting would also be beneficial.
A basic knowledge of digital marketing is advantageous due to the company’s core focus of performance marketing – i.e., marketing you can measure. However, a versatile professional with demonstrable experience of learning about new subjects at a rapid pace will have the upper hand.
A digitally-savvy self-starter who can drive and execute projects, focus on delivery and meeting tight deadlines, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity will thrive in this working environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). An impeccable command of English will be required
- An excellent writer who can produce compelling and engaging editorial content in a timely and accurate manner
- A confident and proactive professional who thrives off the nature of reporting and interviewing at events
- High attention to detail and ability to deliver projects and reports to tight deadlines
- Capable in sourcing new people to contribute and add value to the site
- Can quickly research, analyse and digest data to write compelling content for editorial and commercial purposes
- Knowledge of what content works for today’s online-only audiences
- A forward-thinker with plenty of new ideas to bring to the table
- A passion for marketing, technology and digital
- Being educated to degree level with a journalism / copywriting / marketing qualification is preferred but not essential
- Experience in writing content or working with B2B audiences
- Experience in using social media to promote content
- Some professional experience of working for a publication in a paid or unpaid capacity
- 24 days holiday
- Company-matched pension after six months of service
- Quirky office in central Bristol
- Early Friday finish
- Salary £20-24k DOE