Purpose of position
As the driver of the commercial sales strategy in the UK & Ireland, you will be accountable for the overall management and development of the Awin sales and revenue pipeline, securing SME and high revenue merchants to the network. Working in a varied technical environment, you will be responsible for developing the business’ commercial acquisition strategy for the entire Awin UK & Ireland operation, ensuring that the vision of the company is met and the direction of Awin’s previous success is accelerated.
You will be responsible for the New Business team, forecasting annual expectations and budgeting, as well as supporting with key brand pitches, negotiations, renegotiations and requests for proposals.
Reporting into the Sales & Marketing Director you will have four direct reports.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
Developing and implementing the commercial strategy and plan for the company to maintain and drive business growth, including:
- Assisting the Sales & Marketing Director with forecasting and monitoring budgets
- Setting the new business teams overall commission target, working with the Business Performance Manager to monitor performance and ensure an active pipeline for the network to stay on track of target new business contracts.
- Responsible for maintaining a streamlined qualification process, ensuring fees are upheld to the highest levels, and the accuracy of forecasting override is in line with benchmarks set by the Sales & Marketing Director.
- Ensuring the department supports ancillary teams such as Finance and Integrations to see all Merchants through to launch.
- Establishing fee arrangements, including involvement in all setting of fees for SME such as rate card, pricing model of set-up fee, licensee fee and yield.
- Involvement in pitches and re-pitches including Small Brands.
- Overseeing requests for proposals from large SME and small brand clients (up to £1k-£3k in override)
- Overseeing and checking all contracts.
- Overseeing any contractual amendments seeking legal advice where applicable.
- Involvement in renegotiations and negotiations.
- Identifying and implementing ‘up sell’ opportunities and commercialising network proposition.
- Ensuring year-on-year growth of all revenues and targets from SME client acquisition.
- Focusing team on retention of clients and lock in on all contracts – maintaining SLA levels via the Commercial Executives via the use of Zendesk.
- Ensuring quality commercial operation across all client literature/ presentations.
- Updating templates for sales deck and sales proposal with new tools and technologies ensuring ‘quality control’ across the respective areas of the P drive.
- Act as a key interface with the Account Development, publishers and strategy teams on any related commercial, strategic, contractual or procurement related matters relative to the new business team in question.
Additional responsibilities include leading the New Business team:
- Develop and coach on the key commercial processes
- Providing leadership, advice and guidance to team members
- Ensure that team members are aware of key contractual commercial requirements, and the implications of non-performance.
- Ensure the team are aware of new product launches, tools and technologies to be included within the sales literature.
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
As a hard-working member of the team, it is anticipated that you will in time use the skills developed in this role to form a solid basis for upward progression within the company.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements:
- You will be an experienced affiliate sales manager, capable of leading a department as well as managing multiple projects and deals
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant affiliate marketing role, this must include management of blue chip brand clients.
- Experience with client pitches and commercial negotiations.
- A highly visible Head of Department who is comfortable and competent with developing strong relationships across all departments and levels of the business, as well as with a broad spectrum of clients.
- Superior level financial analytical ability to ensure that the needs of the business and those of the merchants are met.
- Ability to take full financial and strategic responsibility for the development of the commercial SME pipeline.
- Confident working in a fast pasted environment and reporting to and acting as a member of the Heads of Department management team.
- Excellent understanding of Online Performance Marketing and superior knowledge of the affiliate marketing sector, trends, changes, competition, and strategic priorities.
- Solid knowledge of commercial contract models and knowing when and how it is appropriate to flex these.
- Exceptional and proactive networking skills with the ability to forge strong professional relationships with direct clients and agencies.
- Excellent Analytical ability.
- Results driven and passionate about the DW brands and its success.
- Self-motivated, ambitious and initiative-taking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team.
- High level of communication and client relationship skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of AW systems, and how these systems can be used to serve the needs of clients.
- Shows an understanding of Awin’s USPs and how our delivery of customer services positions us compared with our competitors.
- Exhibits a leadership approach in dealing with Commercial staff.
You will be expected to have good understanding of affiliate marketing is and what we do in the industry for any role within Awin.Part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups, Awin is a global affiliate network. With ShareASale and affilinet, the Awin group is comprised of 15 offices worldwide, 1,000 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 13,000 advertisers, connecting customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €13.6 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €607 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online.