About the role
This in an excellent next step for an ambitious Business Development Executive to contribute to the growth of our agency. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years’ experience in a consultative and solution-based sales executive role, generating meetings and supporting their team in winning new business. You will join the New Business Development Team in an award-winning performance marketing agency. This role will suit candidates with a professional and forward-thinking mentality, who are passionate about marketing and keen to work within a young, dynamic team.
This is not a cold calling role. Successful candidates will utilise a combination of outreach and social selling to generate and qualify leads through email, networking, LinkedIn, events and some small-scale direct calling.
With this, the role will require research across a range of B2B and B2C sectors, assisting the Business Development Manager in identifying opportunities and creating a compelling reason for advertisers to work with this fast-growing agency.
This role offers progression for the right candidate to become a full cycle business development individual, within the performance marketing industry.
Permanent staff role. 5 days a week, office based with WFH flexibility. Central London. Hours 9am – 5.30pm.
This role combines new business prospecting and supporting the Business Development Manager in closing new opportunities. You’ll be involved in every step of the sales process, providing lots of opportunity for progression. With this, there is a clear progression path to managing the full sales cycle once candidates can demonstrate a competent understanding of the industry, our agency proposition and client requirements.
- Generate and qualify leads through channels such as emails, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, events (on and offline), cold call, inbound and partnerships.
- Joining introductory calls, pitches and contract negotiations to support Business Development Manager. Understanding client marketing activity and identifying opportunities for support across Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Affiliate Marketing, Podcast, Influencer and more.
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients.
- Tracking prospect progress and note taking via a CRM. Hubspot experience preferred.
- Regular production of sales media packs, pitch decks, proposals and supporting sales collateral. Canva and PowerPoint experience preferred.
- Market research and industry trend analysis to support in identification of new agency / client opportunities, using tools such as Crunchbase and Sales Navigator.
- Understand which digital & performance marketing strategies/channels can be used to attract different types of client.
- Development and maintain professional network with regular contact in person and over email / phone.
- 1+ years’ experience in new business, ideally in marketing agency or SAAS.
- A proven track record in driving consistent leads and contribution to closing those leads with support from wider team.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in business or marketing.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Resourceful and commercially minded, with outstanding research skills.
- Proficient across office suite of products. Canva experience a bonus.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated, personable, attention to detail, resilient and a highly professional approach.