Planit are an independent growing data-driven media agency offering paid media and affiliate services to clients across multiple sectors. Over the last 12 months we have onboarded several new clients and are expanding our client services team. This Affiliate Team Lead will be a new role, taking on a team of existing Account Managers, looking after a combination of long term and new Affiliate programmes that account for c40% of annual revenue.
The role will be the perfect challenge for someone who loves the breadth and depth affiliate management has to offer, getting into the data and performance with clients to ultimately meet their acquisition targets. All our programmes are fully integrated within Impact Radius, with several supporting tools that aid affiliate recruitment, management, and campaign growth.
The successful candidate will report directly into the Managing Director, have clear targets for growth, and be given full autonomy. They will play a pivotal role in delivering best in class affiliate programmes, responsible for developing both the programmes and team members. This role requires previous in-depth experience working within the affiliate space, either client, agency, or network side. Previous experience working within the UK subscription and e-commerce sectors would be beneficial.
The Role & Responsibilities:
This role combines ownership of key client relationships with responsibility for supporting the team in the successful delivery of our affiliate clients marketing budget and performance targets including.
- Ownership of all affiliate programmes (via Impact platform), direct partnerships, and influencer networks
- Building and developing relationships with existing and new partners.
- Building and developing relationships with existing and new clients
- Overseeing & supporting the team in development and optimisation of commission structures across partner type and market.
- Ensuring accurate and regular reporting of performance via Impact, Google Analytics and custom Funnel.io dashboards.
- Owning the team’s transaction validations and commission payment and transaction validations. Ensuring accuracy of bookings and billings
- Educating the wider business and key client stakeholders on the role of affiliates
- Overseeing delivery of hybrid partnership structures
- Implementing analysis, testing and innovation opportunities to optimize affiliate campaigns
- Analysing campaign data to inform future optimisation opportunities and drive actionable insights
- Develop team members of the digital team on affiliate marketing.
- Carry out affiliate audits
- Planning and executing strategic media buying within the Affiliate channel
- Identifying and pursuing creative opportunities & partnerships
- Presenting deep and thoughtful insight in client meetings
- Oversee & support optimisation across products based on current performance trends within the channel
- Oversee & support completion of client reporting, strategic planning in a timely manner and to the required standards
- Ensure regular campaign and budget management checks are met.
- Contribute to regular client meetings preparing material and presenting on performance and account actions
- Work with the team to scope out new opportunities to improve performance, assess new partner opportunities and drive innovation
- Effectively communicate with your wider teams within Planit to regarding deadlines and delivery of work
- The perfect candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience ideally within an agency or network.
- Have a hands-on approach to team and affiliate campaign management from set-up to optimisation and measurement Subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of affiliate marketing.
- Hands-on experience of managing affiliate programs.
- At least 1 years’ experience of managing a team
- Working knowledge of Impact Radius (another affiliate platform experience will be considered).
- Experience of working in a non-hierarchical business – you’re not afraid to get hands-on.
- Test and learn mindset. Develop new ways to drive the affiliate marketing channel and test your hypothesis – not afraid to fail quickly to learn quicker.
- Data-driven and proficiency with large data sets – can you use data to prove your point or back up a recommend.
- Ability to demonstrate an incremental approach to managing affiliate budget.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics.
- Creative thinker, looking for new ways to innovate, solve problems and grow the business
- Passionate about digital and knowledgeable of the market
- Analytically minded with the ability to interpret data and identify trends
- Robust planning and optimisation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Proficient with optimising affiliate campaigns to meet key KPIs
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Experience using features of PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Pro-active and driven to deliver best in class planning and output for the client
- You have strong organisational skills and attention to detail
*This role will currently work remotely, however, a standard flexible working policy (office/home balance) has already been agreed upon for post Covid roadmap