Account Manager – London
Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing is the global leader in integrated marketing solutions. With 16 offices around the world, our integrated marketing solutions span affiliate, display and search. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, we have offices throughout the United States and in Australia, Brazil, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Rakuten Marketing empowers marketers to transcend the conventional and achieve the full potential of digital marketing. We deliver data-driven personalized ad experiences that engage consumers – across screens, platforms and traditional publishers – and influence them to purchase. Our commitment to transparency provides consumer journey insights that allow us to continually optimize for performance.
Rakuten Global: Rakuten Group is one of the world’s leading internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 10,000 employees and partner staff worldwide. To learn more, we invite you to visit our global home.
With a presence in London, Paris, and Berlin, Rakuten Marketing has established itself as one of the most dynamic and formidable affiliate networks in Europe, recently voted #no 1 Affiliate Network for the 8th consecutive year. Through our proprietary tracking and reporting technology, we enable our clients to maximize their online sales by building results driven partnerships across our network of innovative publishers.
Our talented team of Account Management professionals has a reputation for the highest levels of service, an honest approach to business, a drive for growth, and most importantly – a team who is bright, friendly, and passionate about what they do.
As an Account Manager, it is your responsibility to ensure that your clients are receiving the award-winning service which Rakuten Marketing prides itself upon. You will quickly become a respected leader on a portfolio of accounts, ranging in GMS and spanning many different e-commerce verticals.
This role will challenge you to think out of the box, lean on previous digital experiences and ultimately, use your creativity to your advantage. You will lead with the aim of increasing revenue from client relationships. This can be done in various ways, but preferably by identifying partnership opportunities and understanding client needs and requirements. You will manage all day to day account administration and maintain documentation of client performance and activities.
- Develop, execute and track client campaigns to ensure client is hitting key channel KPIs
- Develop, maintain and extend relationships with your account portfolio through daily email /phone communication and face to face monthly and or quarterly strategy sessions
- Vet new affiliate opportunities, facilitate relationship building with prospective and existing affiliate partners and most importantly, serve as a brand ambassador for your client
- Manage advertising budget to ensure client is hitting optimal ROI – pace performance as per clients’ needs and advise on where to best invest budget to maximize results Manage the day to day account administration and organization, with the support additional team members
- Provide robust post campaign analysis to understand failures, successes and key takeaways for future campaigns
- Liaise with additional Rakuten Marketing teams to problem solve and achieve desired client outcome
- Leverage current industry and market trends to help educate and advise clients in next step
- Serve as a guru for Rakuten Marketing’s proprietary software. Support your clients to make sure they know the tools and resources available to them.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of online marketing/direct marketing experience with a focus on client service, (it’s a plus if you have knowledge/familiarity with Affiliate Marketing).
- Demonstrated success in measuring results.
- Proof that you can set and surpass KPI targets.
- Analytical and strategic marketing skills.
- The ability to prioritize and strategize based on company’s goals
- A desire to think creatively, solve problems and use professional judgment.
- Tech savvy; comfortable using Excel and PowerPoint for client-facing reports, analysis and presentations.
- Exemplary written and oral presentation and a talent for presenting.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Marketing field preferred
Discretionary bonus of up to 10%, pension, private health/dental, life insurance/critical illness cover and more
Internal and external training and development opportunities
Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and clients in the Americans and APAC region
New, state-of-the-art office in the heart of the City with an open plan office
Catered breakfast and lunch 1x per week
Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast items, fruit, snacks, and soda available at all times
Quarterly parties and office team building activities – well stocked office bar with Friday drinks available weekly
5 PM Friday finishes (standard working hours 9 – 6); 3 PM finishes day before holidays
Bonus Summer Vacations Days (subject to performance)
Excellent transport links – tubes: Mansion House (1 min) and Bank (6 mins). Mainline stations: Blackfriars (11 mins) and London Bridge (17 mins)
Discounted gym membership at Virgin Active Collective located in building