Location: London (hybrid working between the home and office)
Rightcharge is a well funded, early-stage startup with the mission of accelerating the adoption of clean technologies for a cleaner planet – starting with electric cars.
We are recruiting our first Account Manager. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone looking for their next challenge to be one that makes a positive impact on the planet.
👋 The company
Rightcharge helps electric car drivers to compare home charge points as well as specialist EV-friendly home energy tariffs. They are then connected to an approved electrician and the energy supplier of their choice.
We are on a mission to speed up the transition to low-carbon living. We build products that make it cheaper and easier to go green and ****our aim is to eliminate 7.5m tonnes of CO2 by 2030 (the same as planting 124 million trees).
To date, 10,000 electric car drivers have used our services to get set up to smart charge; switching to an energy tariff with cheap overnight rates and installing a smart charge point that can schedule for those times.
We have been growing rapidly since our launch in 2019 and have recently taken significant investment from investors including a VC Fund and private individuals like James Hind (the Founder of carwow).
⚡ The role
Partnerships is a central pillar of our growth trajectory, and we already have relationships with major players in the UK market. We’re looking for a passionate relationship builder to join our team to own and shape our partnerships proposition.
We already have a fantastic Partnerships Manager on board to win new partners to our portfolio, so you will work closely alongside them and the CEO as our first hire to manage these partnerships long-term.
You will have the opportunity to develop the partnerships scheme from the ground up, with the goal of delivering new customers to Rightcharge from these partner businesses. Partners include nationwide electric car dealerships, major leasing companies, and more.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the new customer number delivered from partners each month, in close collaboration with our CEO.
- Develop best-in-class relationships with our partners, with a thorough knowledge of their business objectives, team and offerings.
- Spot growth opportunities, continuously evaluating how Rightcharge and our partner network can better reach customers with our joint message.
- Own our on-going commercial arrangements with partners, with a high degree of support from the CEO.
- Develop the Partner Enablement Strategy for Rightcharge; design the way we support partners with training, collateral, technology or any other resource that helps to accelerate increased EV sales
- Regular two-way communication with partners about our company developments, informing them about how Rightcharge is growing and exploring how these can further support your partner’s business to deliver sustained high level customer service and value.
- Keep abreast of competitors and other market developments, becoming the go-to person in our team for understanding where our partner proposition sits in the market.
- Manage reporting to your partners across a spectrum of data points with commentary around trends, helpful information specific to their business and customers.
- Deliver exceptional levels of cross-departmental communication to ensure Marketing, Operations, Finance, Product Development and the Board are on the same page as your vision for each of our partners.
- Provide insights into the Product Team as they design our tech to work for partners and their customers and then supporting the go-to-market strategy for these developments.
🥇What we’re looking for
- You have 3-5 years+ experience in, relationship building, able to demonstrate the ability to grow revenues with partners or clients over a long period of time.
- You have strong commercial acumen, able to spot revenue opportunities and be creative with commercial solutions.
- You’re a natural communicator, with a preference for getting on the phone with partners.
- You’re an instinctive self-starter, just as good at identifying the right task to take on as getting it done
- Naturally data curious, you proactively seek out new sources of information and continuously ask questions of the data
- You’re highly collaborative, and default to ‘share with everyone’
- You’re not afraid of shaping your own role and spotting new opportunities – not all the challenges you will tackle are on this job description
- Comfortable using a range of tools (CRM systems, Google Docs and Microsoft Office) to organise and communicate
- You are a Team player, defaulting to sharing.
⭐️ What we’re offering
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Share options (every member of the team has ownership in the business)
- 26 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Join us in the best WeWork in London at Waterloo (free barista-made coffee, pool tables, dogs… the works).
- Choose to work from home for up to 3 days per week (we’re all in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are flexible)
- A company laptop of your choice
- Unlimited potential to grow (you’ll be account management hire #1. If you’re the right person, you’ll turn the role into something we haven’t even imagined yet)
- Vibrant and inclusive company culture – including a time to spend together every Friday (often taking advantage of the free WeWork beers)
Are you interested?