Purpose of position
Working as an Account Manager in the Key Accounts team and using the award winning Awin network you will be responsible for managing the affiliate campaigns of some of our key clients.
This role involves managing a number of clients, which in Key Accounts will be some of the most demanding yet interesting affiliate campaigns on the network. As the Account Manager you may have an Account Executive supporting you and other Account Managers and you will need to be able to delegate work as well as working collaboratively to ensure the client is getting the best returns on their affiliate program as possible.
Monthly presentations and meetings with the clients and lots of engagement with your affiliates means that this position would suit someone with a superb understanding of the affiliate marketing industry who thrives in a face to face environment. Working with a variety of affiliates you will be able to be creative and strategic in your approach and will need to be unflappable when dealing with challenging situations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking, confident, and dedicated person to join the fast paced and hugely rewarding Key Accounts team. This is a great chance for anyone looking to move into a position of responsibility to gain valuable experience working with some of the biggest brands on the network.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Manage and optimise assigned accounts to fulfil the needs of the customer.
- Implement and advise on affiliate marketing concepts to optimise assigned accounts.
- Manage affiliate relationships necessary for the successfully management of assigned programs.
- Take a pro-active approach in solving issues with assigned clients, escalating issues to the appropriate team level when necessary.
- Work with Support Team to integrate programs successfully.
- Train merchants in the operation of affiliate programs in preparation for launch support handovers.
- Work independently to produce all necessary account management documentation and reporting.
- Produce regular and bespoke reports on assigned programs.
- Provide support to senior team members in the management of larger brand clients when necessary.
- Attend appropriate client and networking events to enhance client relationship development.
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
As a hard-working member of the team, it is anticipated that you will in time use the skills developed in this role to form a solid basis for upward progression within the company.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements.
- 1+ years’ account management experience in a relevant digital marketing role.
- In-depth understanding of the affiliate marketing industry, including:
- Understanding of what makes a good/bad merchant program and how a merchant affiliate campaign can be improved.
- Understanding of key program stats and why these are important for a merchant’s affiliate program.
- Sufficient knowledge to provide useful advice to merchants on how their programs can be improved.
- Ability to analyse websites and determine whether they are affiliate marketing friendly.
- Effective handling and/or escalation of issues within assigned accounts.
- Willingness to provide back-up support to senior members of the team.
- Understanding of how to match an affiliate marketing strategy to a merchant or sector.
- Understanding of different affiliate types and how they operate
- An understanding of why different affiliates may be suitable/unsuitable for particular merchant programmes or sectors
- Ability to understand and respond to queries regarding potentially fraudulent affiliates.
- An understanding of how Affiliate Marketing fits within the context of the wider online marketing mix.
- An understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the CPA/CPL model compared to other models such as CPC or CPM.
- Proven track record of successful client and team relationship building, including strong networking skills.
- Experience presenting commercial content to internal and external groups.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Possess strong and professional communication (both verbal and written) and an ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with managers and employees, along with working with external suppliers.
- An approachable and unflappable manner, and ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work to optimise assigned accounts without day-to-day guidance.
Part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups, Awin is a global affiliate network. With ShareASale and affilinet, the Awin group is comprised of 15 offices worldwide, 1,000 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 13,000 advertisers, connecting customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €13.6 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €607 million for its publishers in the last financial year.