DataIQ launched its DataIQ Big Data 100 event on Wednesday (February 25) – a power list of the most influential people in UK data-driven business.
Following last years’ inaugural list, the event once again champions the industry leaders, driving business success from the intelligent use of data.
The Guardian's director of consumer revenues and chair of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), Julia Porter, hosted the celebration on Wednesday night at the Kensington Roof Gardens, praising individuals setting the data-driven business agenda.
To her surprise and delight Julia discovered at the end that she topped the list.
The top ten people in the DataIQ Big Data 100 most influential people shaping the UK data-driven business landscape today are:
- Julia Porter, director of consumer revenues, Guardian News & Media.
- Sanjeevan Bala, head of data planning and analytics, Channel 4.
- Christopher Graham, Information Commissioner.
- Andy Day, business intelligence director, NewsUK.
- Simon Hay, ceo, dunnhumby.
- James Morgan, director of management information, British Gas.
- Adam Williamson, head of customer data strategy and analytics, British Airways
- Steve Martin, vp analytics, Aimia.
- Mark Chipperfield, head of data management, BBC TV Licensing.
- Christian Chabot, co-founder and CEO, Tableau Software.
The list was compiled using a set of objective criteria, including recognising those with the greatest regulatory powers; industry contribution and influence; data privacy best practice, and innovation in digital and mobile. Extra ‘points’ were awarded to those with a high public profile.
Adrian Gregory, chief executive of DataIQ, comments: “Following the success of last years’ programme, it gives me great pleasure to once again showcase the individuals who are making extraordinary strides in the field of data innovation.
“Most ambitious and successful businesses today recognise data like brands as a valuable business and use it to drive business strategy. The people honoured today are the big data power players who we believe possess the most influence, profile, experience and knowledge to keep driving business growth."
The complete printed DataIQ Big Data 100 Report will be distributed in the spring edition of the DataIQ Journal.