INside Performance Marketing
PMI Starts Today – Join Us There's still time to make it down to the Westminster Park Plaza Buy your ticket now
Zanox and Affiliate Window Announce Merger
Image Credit  – PerformanceIN

Zanox and Affiliate Window Announce Merger

Nearly one year after zanox AG completed the acquisition of UK affiliate network Affiliate Window, the pair have announced plans to bring both entities under one roof.

Recognised as major force in performance under its own heading, zanox is bringing the two teams closer in the hope of forming Europe’s largest affiliate marketing network.

Up until now the company had ran its Berlin-headquarted network and Affiliate Window as separate businesses. The latter formed part of zanox Group, which currently has over 600 employees positioned across ten different countries.

As of today, the companies will move forward under the guidance of a new-look board at zanox AG. The company has insisted that having a single management team is in the best interests of all existing partners.

Merger creates staff shake-up

In one of the final stages of integration between zanox and Affiliate Window, a new-look boardroom will see members of the current team at Digital Window - the holding company of Affiliate Window - switch over to slightly different roles at zanox AG.

Mark Walters will take the reins as CEO, Adam Ross is to be installed as COO, while Peter Loveday will be positioned as CTO.

Michael von Stern completes the line-up by retaining his position as CFO.

Few details have been shared about how combining the two leadership structures will impact goings-on at ground level, but representatives from both sides appeared positive about what the future could hold.   

Ins and outs

Andreas Wiele, chairman of the zanox Supervisory Board, spoke to congratulate Walters, Ross and Loveday on their new roles as part of zanox while thanking the contributions of CEO Thomas Joosten, CSO Stefanie Ludecke and CTO Christian Rebernik, who have all departed the company as of September 15.

He claimed the merger would allow zanox to develop its commercial strategy, products and technologies “more quickly and consistently”.

Speeding up the transition of future processes was also picked up on by new zanox AG CEO Walters, who said: “The merging of Affiliate Window and zanox allows us to drive innovation at an even faster pace as well as provide harmonised, highly sophisticated service across all our markets.”

“Through sticking to the core values of service, technology, innovation, ethics and performance that have made us successful, we will take zanox Group to new levels.”  

Wiele also serves as a member of the Executive Board at publishing house Axel Springer SE, which owns 52.5% of shares in zanox Group. The remaining 47.5% is owned by performance marketing solutions provider Swiss PubliGroupe.

Richard Towey

Richard Towey

Richard serves as head of content at PerformanceIN. After many years spent covering developments from the automotive, sports, travel and finance sectors, he eventually turned his full attention to reporting on stories from the fast-evolving world of digital marketing. Richard now heads up the editorial team at PerformanceIN: the performance marketing industry's leading publication.  

Read more from Richard

Join over 10,000 performance marketers for the ultimate weekly update on industry news