Name: Madbid.com Affiliate Programme
Affiliate Manager: Neil Stephenson
Contact Details: email@example.com / 0207 828 1830
Some people might not be familiar with MadBid.com – could you give us a quick summary of the company?
MadBid.com is the leading European pay-to-bid auction site in the United Kingdom, financially backed by the founders of Skype and Kazaa. With a database of nearly 2 million users in the UK only, MadBid is present in 7 European countries: UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden and Finland. We offer popular products such as iPhones, Laptops, TVs and Cameras to bidders for heavily discounted prices. Here are some key points:
- Average saving of 70% on RRP of the hottest consumer products (iPhones, iPads, etc)
- ~200,000+ closed auctions to date, we run over 100 auctions per day
- Over 1,600 different products available
- Widest range of secure payment methods, and fast delivery
- UK based customer service with assistance by e-mail, phone and live support
- The UK’s most popular pay-to-bid auction site
What current commission rates and offers are you running?
We are offering £20 CPA for every purchasing customer you send us. There is no minimum spend for you to earn your commission, and our cheapest bid packages start from £9.99. For the right partners, we can also look at running CPL + CPA deals.
How do you ensure Affiliates have access to best performing inventory?
Affiliate banners are our program’s single biggest focus, and we put a lot of work into:
b. A/B testing, followed by;
d. banner fine-tuning
.. to ensure they are performing up to our high standards. We’ve recently launched our new Ad Manager, which reduces the effort required from you, and greatly improves performance. Each campaign in our Ad Manager contains various banner designs which are constantly monitored and automatically optimised, with the best performing banners picked to be displayed. So, using this system, you know you’re always getting optimal click-through and conversion rates.
You operate your Affiliate Programme purely in-house. What do you consider the benefits and reasons behind operating in this way?
1) We can pay our publishers more! Well firstly, and most importantly, we can pay you more. We don’t have to compensate networks on top of publishers, we are able to reward affiliates directly with the highest commission possible. Having our own program allows us to offer CPAs around 25% higher than we would otherwise have been able to. We can also offer 2nd tier commissions if you want to refer sub-affiliates.
2) Direct support from our dedicated team – no 3rd parties involved. Not only do you have focused support from our team of account managers, you also have a direct path to our team, so any technical or design requests can be dealt with quickly and easily, without having to go through a 3rd party. Having complete control of our affiliate program allows us to be completely flexible, whether it’s making customisations, producing bespoke banners, or offering ad hoc deals to high-potential partners.
Does seasonality play a big part for MadBid? When are the best times of year for heightened conversions?
1) Christmas is great for conversions and is a great earnings opportunity! As you would expect, the months leading up to Christmas show huge increases, and especially in December it gets really crazy. Shoppers are on the lookout for bargain Christmas gifts, and there really is no better place to find them than on MadBid. It’s the perfect time to start promoting us, so start preparing now for a big Christmas boost in your affiliate revenue. Look out
2) The hottest products introductions ensure high conversions throughout the year Apart from Christmas, we always stay right up to date with technology, so whenever a hot new product launches, we see a nice uplift in customers as everyone tries to get hold of one for the lowest price. We are already auctioning the new iPhone 4S, our first one sold for just £48.24!
As an auction based website, which types of Affiliate demographics are you looking to attract to your programme?
1) We can be relevant for nearly all publishers! Because we offer such a wide range of products, almost any affiliate website will be able to find something relevant to promote. If you have a blog about HTC handsets, we can give you custom banners showing the low prices that customers can pick up the latest handset for, and we can even produce custom landing pages with a relevant range of products. But even if there is no specific product that would fit your website, almost everyone is interested in picking up a bargain, so if you can’t think how to monetise your site, I urge you to give us a trial.
2) Blogs can work really well I’m also very keen to work with more bloggers - we’ve had great success in the past from blogs complementing their banners with a post about MadBid, explaining to their readers how it works, and how they can pick up a bargain. If you’re interested in this, get in touch and I can give you all the information you need.
Anything else our readers should know?
We have dedicated native-language affiliate support in all of our territories, and our account managers are always on hand to assist you with any queries. If you wish to contact any of our local staff in Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden or Finland, I will be happy to introduce you to them.
I hope I’ve convinced you to give the MadBid Affiliate program a try. Please get in touch if you have any questions, or sign up today!
Want to be featured as A4u's Programme of the Week? Contact Chris Johnson for info.