Today sees the official launch of StyleCompare.co.uk (www.stylecompare.co.uk), a new fashion comparison website which puts power and choice in the hands of consumers.
StyleCompare.co.uk is leading the way in fashion comparison, with a dedicated model which recently arrived in the UK. The aggregate site boasts over 1,500 labels from more than 40 retailers including ASOS, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, All Saints and House of Fraser, offering shoppers unparalleled ease and choice of purchase.
Launched by three young entrepreneurs, the team pooled their skills in marketing and search, website development, usability and design to create this retailing phenomenon. New signings which will appear this month include high street giants New Look, streetwear outfit Superdry, multi-channel leader John Lewis and luxury retailer Net-a-Porter, with plans to work with more independent designers in the future.
Jonny Challenger, co-founder of StyleCompare.co.uk comments:
“StyleCompare.co.uk brings together thousands of products, brands and retailers onto one site – making it easier and quicker to shop online. We know shoppers like choice. So we’ve given them that and at the same time segmented our data to make it easier to shop based on individual style and budget. Visitors can personalise their shopping experience by searching for items by specific price (not broad brackets), new-in items, product, label and retailer.
“However we know that too much choice can be confusing. To address this we’ve improved our search and filtering functions to make it easier than ever before to browse and shop online - putting the true purchasing power into the hands of our customers.”
Previously available in a Beta phase the new site makes it easy to browse and shop fashion online:
- Faster browsing and search: Style Compare has reduced the average page speed from 4.6 seconds to 1.9 seconds per load
- Upgraded filtering: With over 120,000 products to browse you can now filter by price (inputting exact amounts), style, product, label, fit, colour, material, pattern, occasion, new-in and offers
- Improved navigation: StyleCompare.co.uk has introduced a mega menu and new categorisation making it even easier to shop. The website has also been built using a bespoke in-house system which ensures simple filtering and an incredibly fast shopping experience
- Breadth of choice: StyleCompare.co.uk now has seven departments (designer, high street, streetwear, tailoring, maternity, petite and eco-friendly), 1,500 labels and at least 20,000 live sale items each week
- Shopping guarantee: From the end of the month StyleCompare.co.uk will be offering visitors a shopping guarantee, promising all visitors that no item will appear if it is out of stock
- Style Platform: The site will keep in touch with customers through its blog, Twitter and Facebook page, which all focus on engagement to drive sales and increase profit
“Fashion comparison on this scale is still in its infancy in the UK but we predict that it will really take off this year. As customer’s tastes develop and become more sophisticated it is important that as an online shopping site we react and offer them a service that truly meets their needs. We’ll see more personalised levels of shopping in 2011 and we have plans to accommodate this too. We’ve huge ambitions for StyleCompare.co.uk and aim to have 1 million monthly users by the end of the year.”