The meetings have been moved to once every two months in order to allow much of the day to day work to take place away from the main meeting, hopefully making the Council more effective. In the past two months the Regulatory Committee has met twice and made solid progress finalising the wording and ramifications of the Rebate Catcher and Downloadable Software Code of Conduct. This will be presented in its final format on Thursday for agreement by the wider Council, networks will then ensure all their affiliates are compliant and activity can be monitored over the next six months.
The Committee has also been debating whether it’s feasible to pursue industry wide affiliate accreditation and we’ll be putting forward our suggestions. Finally a couple of members of the committee have been working hard on best practice guidelines for product and data feeds, something we feel are long overdue. Whilst the work on this project isn’t complete it’s well underway so hear our ideas at the meeting.
Not having attended the first Education, Marketing and Promotion Committee I can’t speak for those that did but I know it was a really positive meeting with plenty of areas of discussion covered. There will be a second meeting just before the wider Meeting as well as a kick off discussion on the thorny subject of Multi-Attribution next week. So all in all it’s been a lively time for everyone involved and hopefully this will bear fruit over the next few months.
The agenda for Thursday is as follows:
- Regulation Committee to report on:
- Rebate Catcher/Downloadable Software Ratification
- Progress on Product Feed Best Practice Document
- Affiliate Accreditation Update
- Education, Marketing & Promotion Committee to report on:
- ‘Size of Market’ Report Update
- Publisher Education Toolkit Update
- Affiliate Handbook Progress
- Multi-Attribution Working Group – Initial Findings
- Red Letter Days to present on their innovative approach to voucher codes
- PR for Merchant/Affiliate T&Cs; document agreed last year
- Future Projects – forthcoming focus for Committees
The agenda covers off everything that was agreed would be discussed before April’s meeting. If anyone would like to submit additional points to be raised or topics for consideration then please drop me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get the AMC website live by April as I had originally planned. I’m still committed to getting this up and running so that the community has an additional way of accessing all the latest information. In the meantime you can do so by following the Council on Twitter @IAB_AMC.
I very much hope you’re able to join us on Thursday afternoon at 3pm.
Address: 14 Macklin Street, London, WC2B 5NF Call: 0207 050 6969