An established Events, Awards & Publishing company based in Bristol are seeking a confident conference coordinator with exceptional attention to detail who has 1 year's + B2B events experience.
This is a challenging role, suitable only for those willing to take ownership, be accountable and who are passionate about driving the success of the events they manage.
Working with the Event Marketing Manager to own and develop our 2 day conferences (attracting circa. 1000 delegates) based in London and Europe within the dynamic Performance Marketing sector. Conferences include an educational agenda, a thriving expo hall with networking opportunities throughout.
Main duties include:
- Delegate management - Managing all delegate communications, attendance, badging and registration for assigned events. Maintain event materials inventory
- Event app and branding - Producing the event mobile app for each of the assigned events in addition to branding strategy
- Budget management - Recording all spend within remit, working with the Finance team on targets. Managing budgets for owned events
- Audio visual - Concept and application of staging and screen content with our design team. Checking speaker presentations and ensuring quality execution
- Logistics - Couriers, travel planning, accommodation, hotel negotiations
- Venues - Sourcing suitable event locations, dealing with contract negotiations and liaison with key contacts
- Sponsor fulfilment - Meeting all sponsor expectations, delivery of contract & managing exhibitions
- On site - Pulling it all together on the day. Managing all staff, suppliers and delegates on site, responsible for the customer experience and health & safety
- Minimum 1 years’ experience managing conferences or other B2B events
- Highly organised and able to deal with multiple tasks across multiple projects simultaneously. Great time management is absolutely essential including an incredible attention to detail!
- Negotiation skills are essential to drive the highest value at the best price from suppliers
- Interpersonal skills, a people person able to manage the expectations of multiple and very different stakeholders. Measured and mature communication skills
- Common sense approach to difficult situations, providing solutions to problems rather than focusing on the negatives
Company & Culture:
- You’ll be joining a dynamic friendly team based at the Paintworks in Bristol, complete with the office Labrador and a busy, challenging but rewarding atmosphere
Benefits include 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays), company matched pension scheme, regular socials, cycle2work scheme, childcare vouchers etc. Occasional international travel may be required.
*Please apply with a covering letter highlighting why we should pick you for interview along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org*