Purpose of position
A member of the UK Senior Management team, the Operations Director plays a critical position in optimising the performance across the business and ensuring that Awin is positioned as the market-leading affiliate network at all times. As an experienced industry player, you will be responsible for implementing the strategy across the UK business, providing support and expertise across to local management teams, and analysing and communicating on our business performance. You will report directly into the UK Country Manager and you will deputise in both responsibility and day-to-day decision-making in their absence.
In order to ensure that employees are equipped to deliver in their roles, you will also be operationally responsible for facilitating a healthy and motivating workplace environment, with line management responsibility for the HR and Office Management teams.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Understanding in detail the core operational functions of Awin’s business, such as New Business, Account Management and Technical Services. Ensuring these functions operate cohesively, successfully and maximise their potential.
- Project and programme management of key initiatives to support delivery of the business strategy
- Managing tracking and reporting of performance to ensure each team is focussed on achieving their revenue and cost goals.
- Defining, implementing and maintaining appropriate operating standards and principles across the Company to maximise resource, sharing of best practice and commercial benefit.
- Reviewing the working practices of the Company to ensure it works as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Identifying weaknesses in the Company’s business model, and formulating strategies to address these issues where necessary.
- Identifying operational opportunities for Awin, for example, associated with the investment other technologies or emerging services that can enhance our business.
- Fostering a rewarding and high performance culture
- Direct line management and guidance of key operational business functions including HR and Office Management.
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
Skills & Expertise
To be successful you will need to meet the below requirements.
- Extensive senior-level online marketing professional experience.
- Track record of developing and managing strategic projects from inception through to delivery.
- A strong focus on results, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Real commercial orientation and strong strategic awareness.
- Experience managing operational functions, and overseeing large transformation projects.
- A credible client background with solid marketing and advertising credentials.
- Proven senior-level relationship building, both internally and externally, including influencing senior stakeholders outside of direct reports.
- Clear, decisive thinker who can affect change, drive performance and troubleshoot independently and with authority.
- Ability to work totally independently – both on longer-term strategic initiatives and on the day-to-day operations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be a role model within a large organisation, and to set the example for which all other staff will follow.
You will be expected to have good understanding of affiliate marketing is and what we do in the industry for any role within Awin.
Awin is a global affiliate network and the new name for Affiliate Window and zanox. With 15 offices worldwide, 900 employees, 100,000 contributing publishers and 6,000 advertisers, Awin connects customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €6,2 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €377 million for its publishers in the last financial year.
If you are interested in joining Awin please apply online.