Job Title - Account Manager
Department – Key Accounts
Reporting Structure – Reporting to the Team Leader
Purpose of Position
Working as an Account Manager in the Key Accounts team and using the award winning Affiliate Window network you will be responsible for managing the affiliate campaigns of some of our key clients.
This role involves managing a number of clients, which in Key Accounts will be some of the most demanding yet interesting affiliate campaigns on the network. As the Account Manager you may have an Account Executive supporting you and other Account Managers and you will need to be able to delegate work as well as working collaboratively to ensure the client is getting the best returns on their affiliate program as possible.
Monthly presentations and meetings with the clients and lots of engagement with your affiliates means that this position would suit someone with a superb understanding of the affiliate marketing industry who thrives in a face to face environment. Working with a variety of affiliates you will be able to be creative and strategic in your approach and will need to be unflappable when dealing with challenging situations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hard working, confident, and dedicated person to join the fast paced and hugely rewarding Key Accounts team. This is a great chance for anyone looking to move into a position of responsibility to gain valuable experience working with some of the biggest brands on the network.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Manage and optimise assigned accounts to fulfil the needs of the customer.
- Implement and advise on affiliate marketing concepts to optimise assigned accounts.
- Manage affiliate relationships necessary for the successfully management of assigned programs.
- Take a pro-active approach in solving issues with assigned clients, escalating issues to the appropriate team level when necessary.
- Work with Support Team to integrate programs successfully.
- Train merchants in the operation of affiliate programs in preparation for launch support handovers.
- Work independently to produce all necessary account management documentation and reporting.
- Produce regular and bespoke reports on assigned programs.
- Provide support to senior team members in the management of larger brand clients when necessary.
- Attend appropriate client and networking events to enhance client relationship development.
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate market place.
Skills and Experience
- 1+ years’ account management experience in a relevant affiliate marketing role.
- In-depth understanding of the affiliate marketing industry, including:
- Understanding of what makes a good/bad merchant program and how a merchant affiliate campaign can be improved.
- Understanding of key program stats and why these are important for a merchant’s affiliate program.
- Sufficient knowledge to provide useful advice to merchants on how their programs can be improved.
- Ability to analyse websites and determine whether they are affiliate marketing friendly.
- Effective handling and/or escalation of issues within assigned accounts.
- Willingness to provide back-up support to senior members of the team.
- Understanding of how to match an affiliate marketing strategy to a merchant or sector.
- Understanding of different affiliate types and how they operate
- An understanding of why different affiliates may be suitable/unsuitable for particular merchant programmes or sectors
- Ability to understand and respond to queries regarding potentially fraudulent affiliates.
- An understanding of how Affiliate Marketing fits within the context of the wider online marketing mix.
- An understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the CPA/CPL model compared to other models such as CPC or CPM.
- Proven track record of successful client and team relationship building, including strong networking skills.
- Experience presenting commercial content to internal and external groups.
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Possess strong and professional communication (both verbal and written) and an ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with managers and employees, along with working with external suppliers.
- An approachable and unflappable manner, and ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work to optimise assigned accounts without day-to-day guidance.
- This position is a full time post, working in our London office. The hours of work are 9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Portraying a professional image at all times, we expect our employees to have a flexible approach to work.
A Bit About Us
Affiliate Window and zanox together form Europe’s market leader in ethical and innovative performance marketing. We provide technology and services that enable ecommerce, linking publishers and advertisers to drive incremental sales.
Affiliate Window currently operate in two markets, the UK and US, but alongside zanox, our parent company, we offer clients a truly global reach.
Our purpose is to always be better; to continuously improve ourselves, our company and our industry and our five core pillars, Performance, Innovation, Technology, Service and Ethics, are central to our business and vital to our success in the industry. We have won the Publishers’ Choice of Affiliate Network at the Performance Marketing Awards for seven of the last eight years, and the Network Innovation Award for six of the last seven. The Awards reward excellence and innovation, as chosen by the community at performancein.com and a panel of recognised Performance Marketing professionals. We acknowledge our position and responsibility as a hybrid business – placing equal stock in our support and service as we do in our technical development.
Following a period of growth and expansion we now employ more than 270 staff in the UK and US, priding ourselves on having a fun, vibrant work environment and excellent social scene. This, coupled with supportive management, excellent career development prospects and a comprehensive benefits package, are just some of the reasons why we have been ranked as one of the UK's best companies to work for over recent years.
Affiliate Window (www.affiliatewindow.com) is the trading name of Digital Window Ltd and Digital Window Inc), part of the Zanox Group (www.zanox.com).
For all the hard work we'll reward the successful candidate with:
- A fair salary linked to experience and competencies
- A supportive and fun work environment
- Access to training and development
- 25 days annual holiday
- Free travel insurance and life assurance
- Access to subsidised gym membership
- A matched contribution pension plan 3% rising to 5% with service
- After completing the first 3 months service and passing probation you’ll also be eligible for a host of other nifty benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, season ticket loan, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, Paid Volunteering time-off, Give As You Earn, cycle to work scheme membership and free subsidised foreign language study sponsorship to name but a few!
- We also offer a range of fringe benefits including fun social events, subsidised sports teams, onsite yoga and great office facilities (including games area, free sweets and free fruit delivered twice a week).