We're looking for a content executive to join our expanding team in Bristol. This is a hands-on editorial role within a dynamic and creative working environment.
On a day-to-day basis, the candidate will create industry-relevant news articles for the company’s growing performance marketing hub while working on in-depth features that arouse industry debate. They will also have a hand in managing the publication’s guest content output, which includes finding new contributors and ensuring the site is kept filled with cutting-edge articles, videos and infographics.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a journalism background and experience of writing, sub-editing and sourcing content, building contact lists and some event reporting to look back on. While the bulk of the role is focused on written content, candidates with experience in producing video content will be of interest for this role due to the publication’s need for multimedia formats.
A basic knowledge of digital marketing is advantageous due to the company’s core focus of performance marketing - i.e., marketing you can measure. However, given the complexity of the discipline, a versatile professional with experience of learning about new subjects at a rapid pace will have the upper hand.
A self starter who can drive and execute projects, focus on delivery, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity will thrive in this working environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written). An impeccable command of English will be required
- An excellent writer who can produce compelling and engaging editorial content in a timely and accurate manner
- A confident professional who thrives off the nature of reporting and interviewing at events
- High attention to detail and ability to deliver projects and reports to tight deadlines
- Capable in sourcing new people to contribute and add value to the site
- Can quickly research, analyse and digest data to write compelling content for editorial and commercial purposes
- A forward-thinker with plenty of new ideas to bring to the table
- Being educated to degree level with a journalism / copywriting / marketing qualification is preferred but not essential
- Experience in writing content or working with B2B audiences
- Some professional experience of working for a publication in a paid or unpaid capacity
- 24 days holiday
- Company-matched pension after six months of service
- International travel for events
- Early Friday finish
- An excitable office dog