Have an account? / Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Datafeedr vs Easy CSV Importer

Thanks

Datafeedr vs Easy CSV Importer

Hi Everyone,

I have never used either of these but I am considering them for a larger project that I am starting. I have had a look at datafeedr and it all looks pretty good to me, however, before making a decision, can anybody offer any advice from their experiences of either?

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Datafeedr vs Easy CSV Importer

Quote Originally Posted by warren_p View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have never used either of these but I am considering them for a larger project that I am starting. I have had a look at datafeedr and it all looks pretty good to me, however, before making a decision, can anybody offer any advice from their experiences of either?

Thanks.
    I have tried datafeedr in the past and it is fairly simple to set up but quite awful after that. Never heard of the other one but I can't see it being a lot better to be honest. The main problem with using datafeeds is sorting the data, filtering out the crud and then implementing it to best effect. Neither of these will help you in this regard.

Your other option is pricetapestry which is fully customisable and comes with unlimited support (more like a personal assistant in reality) but does cost and is quite intimidating to start with.

The other option is easy content units (which you look to be familiar with) and (tbh) if pricetapestry doesn't appeal to you then you are better off sticking with it.

Thanks

Re: Datafeedr vs Easy CSV Importer

Cheers I will have a look at pricetapestry, yeah I use ECU on all of my niche sites but I don't think it will be the best for this bigger project

Thread Information