Have an account? / Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Wordpress review and ratings plugin?

This is the one
    Thanks

Wordpress review and ratings plugin?

Does anyone know of a plugin that allows users to write a review of a product and also stick their own ratings next to it?
    I've found plenty of standard ratings plugins where they can give it a star rating out of 5 but I am after individual review and ratings plugin.

Cheers
    Wardy

darrenb
    Thanks

Re: Wordpress review and ratings plugin?

Wardy

I have not used this myself but would this be the sort of thing you are after:

GD Star Rating | Featured: Full Rating & Review System

Darren

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darrenb For This Useful Post:

Wardy (16-03-11)

Thanks

I agree GD Star Rating is the way to go, a word of warning though...there is hardly any up-to-date free support for this plugin and to adapt it to your site can be a real headache. I've found out the hard way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WiiWill For This Useful Post:

Wardy (16-03-11)

This is the one
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys and the suggestion Darren.
    It looks a nightmare to set up like you say Will although all the options make it look like it could be up to the job although I'm struggling to get it to do what I'm after.

Do you have a link to where you have it in use Will to see how you've managed to get it working?

Cheers
    Wardy

Thanks

Hi Wardy, i've sent a link via PM, let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

I agree about gd star rating being an absolute headache.

An easier option is to use this:
    Wordpress Comment Rating Field Plugin

It's not nearly as powerful as gd, but it is lightweight and easy to modify. It links up with the comments box, so you use that as your review text. You can create an additional comments template to use for this purpose, and still keep the default for standard blog posts.
    David Macfarlane
    Cost effective web development. Codewise

9. The Following User Says Thank You to D-Mac For This Useful Post:

Wardy (17-03-11)

Thanks

Here are my observations on each of the wordpress review ratings plugin for blogs :

1. GD Star Rating:- A GD Star ratings addon have strikingly good graphics, and this plugin is also free. The real problem with it is that it is so complicated to use and the tutorials are not very well organized. Since this is a plugin that is in development, I would think that the author(s) will sort out the help system eventually. Unfortunately I could not find the information I wanted, so moved onto the next plugin.

2. Xavin's Review Ratings:- Adds a shortcode tag [xrr rating=4/5] that displays a rating in one of several formats. Intended for sites doing reviews.This plugin adds a shortcode tag that will display a rating in one of several formats. Here is a feature such as Input ratings as a fraction (4/5) or a percentage (80%). Use any amount of stars from 2 to 100. Set the minimal star fraction allowed, whole, half or quarter. Split multiple ratings in one post/page into groups, and have a separate overall rating calculated for each. Display the rating as image stars, text stars, a percentage, a fraction, or any combination.

3. WP Review Engine :- WP Review Engine was the last plugin I tried in the original review and quickly became my favorite at the time of moment i used. I then stopped looking as it was perfect for my needs, and even had a really cool feature that I have not seen in the other plugins. The plugin is by a guy called Louis who has helped me a couple of times with queries via email. Best part of all, this plugin actually does come with a refund policy, so if you find it does not work for some reason, Louis promises to refund your money.
    Webhosting.uk.com - Cloud Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 10% Promo Code "Affiliates4u"
    Affiliate Program - Earn Up to 300 per sale - Cookie Length 150 Days

This is the one
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply and the reviews Josh.

Just had a look at WP Review Engine, it does look quite good but comes with a charge of $100 which I think does seem slightly steep!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the reviews Josh.

Just had a look at WP Review Engine, it does look quite good but comes with a charge of $100 which I think does seem slightly steep!
    I think you can try the above two or i have one more option for you mate. Please have a look to it if that can work for you.

Rating Review System:- This plugin was sent to me by the author for the review, after reading the information on the plugin, I was excited about the features. However, there was a problem. The plugin is ioncube encoded, and despite installing a local copy of ioncube on my server, the plugin would still not work properly. The tech guys from the Rating Review system plugin had a look, and they told me the problem was ioncube not being installed correctly, however, the ioncube test script said it was.
    Webhosting.uk.com - Cloud Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 10% Promo Code "Affiliates4u"
    Affiliate Program - Earn Up to 300 per sale - Cookie Length 150 Days

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darrenb View Post
    Wardy

I have not used this myself but would this be the sort of thing you are after:

GD Star Rating | Featured: Full Rating & Review System

Darren
    Might try this myself. Cheers!

Thanks

You could try out ReviewTheme , it's easy to use and a lot cheaper.

Thanks

wp review engine -premium theme is coming with come cool features to setup review site based on wordpress platform.

Alternatively you may also choose wp- post ratings - free plugin with any theme of your choice to do this

Thanks

I think the best ratings plugin is WFReview because it has star ratings and CSV import capabilities.

Thread Information