Have an account? / Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 113 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: help and advice for newbies and people who need a kick up the backside in 2009

Thanks

help and advice for newbies and people who need a kick up the backside in 2009

Ok so I have decided to help out newbies and also those who get stuck for ideas on sites to build in 2009.

On this thread, I will list domains at random intervals, which are available to register and the research will have already been done to see if it is feasable to make money from the domain / website with NO COST at all apart from the domain / hosting itself, and as long as it is built with basic om and off page SEO knowledge in mind.

All I ask in return is a backlink from the site you build on the domain to my chosen website and anchor text.

The domains I list on this thread, will be domains that I would purchase myself if I had 25 hands and brains to manage them all and I will only list domains which I truly believe could make some money from them from the serps only.

The first domain I am going to offer is lateflights /org / uk which at time of writing this is available to register.

I would politely ask for a backlink from whoever buys the domain pointing to www / lollipop / co / uk (replace the / with .) and using the anchor text "cheap holidays"

1. late flights gets an average of 1,600 exact match searches a month and is an item which is needed in a hurry and also bought online.

2. with a 40% ctr from serps and 10% conversion rate (highly targetted search phrase) with an average basket value of just 5, you could make approx 320 a month from the serps alone.

3. There are currently 77 sponsored ads with the average cpc at 1.15 for the words "late flights"

Hope this helps someone out, and keep your eyes open for more domains I post on here at random intervals

Happy new year everyone :tup
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up. Fwitter

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smingle For This Useful Post:

bowser (20-01-09), Deeps2365 (01-04-10), Gavinio (10-02-09), hairycornflakes (09-02-09), Matthew Wood (22-01-09), wonder_lander (27-02-09)

Thanks

Re: help and advice for newbies and people who need a kick up the backside in 2009

registered

will put something together and link back to you

Cheers Smingle, what a star!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sussexrob For This Useful Post:

GadgetStylist (12-02-09)

Thanks

Re: help and advice for newbies and people who need a kick up the backside in 2009

That was quick !!

Ok then as I am feeling generous, here is another one which is a blinder !

cancellationholidays / org / uk

I would politely ask for a backlink from whoever buys the domain pointing to www / lollipop / co / uk (replace the / with .) and using the anchor text "cheap holidays"

1. cancellation holidays gets an average of 14,800 exact match searches a month

2. with a 40% ctr from serps and ONLY 1% conversion rate (highly targetted search phrase but still only based on converting at 1 in 100 click to sale) with an average basket value of just 15, you could make approx 888 a month from the serps alone.

3. There are currently 39 sponsored ads with the average cpc at 0.96 for the words "cancellation holidays"

Go and get it

Thanks

what's a cancellation holiday?

obviously not me searching

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunneradt View Post
    what's a cancellation holiday?

obviously not me searching
    Google it and you will see ! cancellation holidays - Google Search

They are late holidays / holidays which other people have cancelled and the travel agents let them go cheaper.

I do alot of "out the box" thinking as you can see above - but I am not wrong and thompson, ice lolly and travel supermarket are all bidding on the keyword !

Stuart
    Thanks

What a great Idea to get back links, out of interest are all the future domains you are going to list be travel related, I guess so as you want links to www / lollipop / co / uk

Do you have any other sites that you want links to?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    What a great Idea to get back links, out of interest are all the future domains you are going to list be travel related, I guess so as you want links to www / lollipop / co / uk

Do you have any other sites that you want links to?
    Hi Stu,

Lol yeh I always am thinking outside the box and I don't mind helping others with little in return.

No I have lots of sites in different niche's and will be listing different backlink requirements and also domains which are available in every sector possible. Tell me a niche and I will see what I can do for you

I have a researcher that researches domains / niches for me all the time, so I thought why not give others on A4U the opportunity to build on them, esp as more and more people are being laid off work and looking for a new opportunity to make money online.

Stuart
    Thanks

Excelent, I'll keep an eye on the thread

A researcher, blimey you pay someone for that?

Thanks

This is a great thread, it will be of use to many.

Do you have any example sites which show how to structure / monetise, etc?

Jedi Master
    Thanks

Excellent idea :tup

Look forward to when you do a fashion tip.
    Andrew Clapham - Fashion Blogger.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simon1984 View Post
    This is a great thread, it will be of use to many.

Do you have any example sites which show how to structure / monetise, etc?
    Thanks

No I don't think I really need to show example sites on how to structure or monetise them, as that will be down to the person building the site :tup

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaclapham View Post
    Excellent idea :tup

Look forward to when you do a fashion tip.
    Glad you like the idea and I will keep this post alive until people decide not to say they have taken the domain or are not willing to give me a backlink as theose aren't much to ask really.

Just for you : ladiesfashion / org / uk

I would politely ask for a backlink from whoever buys the domain pointing to www / underwear / co / uk (replace the / with .) and using the anchor text "underwear"

1. ladies fashion gets an average of 12,100 exact match searches a month

2. with a 40% ctr from serps and ONLY 1% conversion rate with an average commision value of just 5, you could make approx 242 a month from the serps alone.

3. There are currently 346 sponsored ads with the average cpc at 0.58 for the words "ladies fashion"

Hope this helps

Thanks

I've got ladiesfashion. Thanks Frank - looking forward to getting a site up and I won't forget your backlink!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kylah16 View Post
    I've got ladiesfashion. Thanks Frank - looking forward to getting a site up and I won't forget your backlink!
    No probs - I look forward to seeing the site.

Any requests from anyone for any particular niches ?

Thanks

You can't be serious?

"ladies fashion" has over 1.5 million results with the top result having a PR5. How can you possibly build that into something without breaking your back and wasting hundreds in link purchases and content.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larking For This Useful Post:

sammia (30-01-09)

Thread Information