Have an account? / Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Need help with data feeds please help

Thanks

Need help with data feeds please help

hi there.

im thinking of setting up a comparison website. but i need datafeeds that are not currently availible online. How would i go about getting hold of the data? would i have to contact the companies direct? also how much would it cost for them to supply me with the data from them that i need. thats if they let me have it that is.

hope somebody can help.

really want to get my idea of the ground as it is unique and nobody on the internet is offering the service i want to.

regards ricky

Thanks

Re: Need help with data feeds please help

Hi Ricky

It's always worth contacting the companies direct, as they may have a feed that they use for other purposes that they can make available to you, or may even be able to create one for you.

If you don't have any luck with that route, then you need to extract the data you need from their sites using software. This is sometimes known as 'scraping'. This means that you end up with a feed designed to your exact specification.

Quote Originally Posted by recykool View Post
    hi there.

im thinking of setting up a comparison website. but i need datafeeds that are not currently availible online. How would i go about getting hold of the data? would i have to contact the companies direct? also how much would it cost for them to supply me with the data from them that i need. thats if they let me have it that is.

hope somebody can help.

really want to get my idea of the ground as it is unique and nobody on the internet is offering the service i want to.

regards ricky
    David Macfarlane
    Cost effective web development. Codewise

3. The Following User Says Thank You to D-Mac For This Useful Post:

recykool (07-01-11)

Thread Information