Have an account? / Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: Importing CSV or XML Datafeeds to a Wordpress Powered Site

Thanks

Importing CSV or XML Datafeeds to a Wordpress Powered Site

I'm trying to import specific XML or CSV datafeeds into wordpress and then publish each feed to a separate page on my wp site in a catalogue 'grid like' format similar to the way products as displayed as standard on eCommerce sites.

I would also like to display store logos, price, an image and a "buy now" button that redirects to the merchant's store for each product showcased on my site.

Do you know if there are any wordpress plugins that can do this already?
    If there are no wp plugins - what would be the best approach to developing a custom plugin for this?

Thanks

Re: Importing CSV or XML Datafeeds to a Wordpress Powered Site

Pricetapestry is your best bet. It isn't a plug-in but can be adapted to work with a wordpress site; it takes a bit of work though - I won't lie to you, but the guy that provides it is second to none in terms of support.
    Price Comparison Script | Price Tapestry
    If you're looking for a simple out-of-the-box solution there isn't one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dc000000 View Post
    Pricetapestry is your best bet. It isn't a plug-in but can be adapted to work with a wordpress site; it takes a bit of work though - I won't lie to you, but the guy that provides it is second to none in terms of support.
    Price Comparison Script | Price Tapestry
    If you're looking for a simple out-of-the-box solution there isn't one

Thanks for the reply - I just found Build Unlimited Affiliate Datafeed eCommerce Stores • Datafeedr whilst researching. It's a wordpress ready affiliate plugin that does exactly what I am after BUT is not a one-off charge! They rather charge a very steep $27/month subscription fee (for a single website).

Although datafeedr.com seems to be the more convenient option, I think I prefer pricetapestry.com because it is a whole lot more cost effective: a one-off charge of 200!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lumargin View Post
    Thanks for the reply - I just found Build Unlimited Affiliate Datafeed eCommerce Stores • Datafeedr whilst researching. It's a wordpress ready affiliate plugin that does exactly what I am after BUT is not a one-off charge! They rather charge a very steep $27/month subscription fee (for a single website).

Although datafeedr.com seems to be the more convenient option, I think I prefer pricetapestry.com because it is a whole lot more cost effective: a one-off charge of 200!
    I tried datafeeder and didn't like it. Yes it is simple to use but it is a basic solution without much scope for customisation. I have pt on about ten sites at the moment so cost wise it's a no-brainer. Take into account the modifications and support that David offers afterwards and you can't go wrong really.

Thanks

Hi,

My app, Datafeed Studio, does this - and comes with a Wordpress plugin to make embedding price comparison widgets very easy, either via Wordpress custom fields, or easier still, via Wordpress shortcodes, e.g. you can enter something like :

[ds query='+xbox +360]

anywhere within the content of your post to display a price comparison box. You can also create your own price comparison styles and select which one to use.

See :

Datafeed Studio Wordpress Plugin

for more details - and note that there's a free fully-functional (but limited to 2 feeds) version available to try.

Regards,

Martin

Thread Information